Saturday, August 28, 2010

Grand Rapids Mud Run 5K


3.1 Race Miles - 32:33 - 10:30 Pace

The Grand Rapids Mud Run, what a riot. This race was far more difficult, and far more fun that I had expected. I was aware that we would be crawling through barrels and trudging through mud pits and over mud hills. But I was not prepared for the shoe eating mud bog, there must have been a hundred shoes that got left in there, I lost one of mine....but went back for it.....never leave a man behind :-). Then there was the 7 foot wall we had to climb and jump over, the crawling under the net that was about 5 inches above a muddy water pit.

All in all, a great time. Only part that I didn't like, and this was minor, was that at the walls, there was a big traffic jam, and it was tough to get a good time if you waited. Some were pushing through the crowd, other went around...but what's the fun in that.

I came away with a sprained ankle, and the skin on my knee was torn to shreds and bruised, but mark me down for this race next year...and others like it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks amazing congratulations, I am training for the spartan Race http://www.spartanrace.com you should check it out