Saturday, May 8, 2010

Riverbank 10K

10K - 45:45 - 7:23 Pace

Well, I guess you get what you train for right. I didn't have a bad race, but it wasn't as good as I would have liked. If nothing else, this was a good wake up call that I am not training properly. I need to get back on track.

The race was a little tough right off the bat, my watch quit on me right at the start, when I got it started back up, I figured I would just us it for pacing. As I am running, I was speeding up, slowing down, trying to get my pace where I wanted it, I felt like a yo yo. About mile 3, I noticed my watch said I was running a 2:10 second mile, and that the miles run was jumping up and down. So basically I was running on feel, which I didn't like.

I think I was still hitting a pace of around 7:15, but the last mile is a bit of a killer, some rolling hills. Two years ago that might not have effected me, but I am almost strictly a treadmill trainer this year, and I have no hill training. SO it drained me. I was able to pick it up the last 0.2 miles and finish strong, but this is the first race I felt like I was going to puke afterwards......I think another sign of poor training.

Bottom line, I have three weeks till my next 10K, time to kick it in gear. Silver lining, my knee felt good :-)

No comments: