Saturday, June 28, 2008

Reeds Lake 10K

6.2 Miles - 41:42

The Reeds Lake 10K, another great race on this years tour. The weather was a bit questionable, it was very humid first thing in the morning. But other than that it was a beautiful day. And we had about 8 runners in our group, so that made it much more enjoyable this year.

I felt a bit stale in the morning, I thought it was from not running for 3 days. Once the race got going though, I felt much better. I went out a little fast which hurt me in the end, but with this new watch, I found myself checking my pace more often, instead of just running at a pace I felt good at. The hills on the course got to me, I think partially because I went out too fast, but maybe I haven't been hitting the hills hard enough either.

Bottom line, I shaved about 6 minutes off last years time, and exactly 3 minutes off my best 10K time earlier this year at Saugatuck. So I know the training is still working, I just have to stick with it. I ran under my goal of 42 minutes and 6:45 miles. All in all I was pretty happy with this race. Now it's off to the Cherry festival 15K in a few weeks.

No comments: