Saturday, March 15, 2008

1st Race of the Year - Irish Jig 5K

3.15 Miles - 22:00

I felt better this morning so I decided to give the race a try. The Spectrum Health Irish Jig. It was chilly, 30 degrees I think. I didn't bring a hat or gloves thinking that I would stay warm running, nevermind the hour I had to wait for the race to start.......guess I forgot about that. Again, I felt so good at the start of this race, I decided to just take off and break all kinds of records......Mile 1, about a 7 Minute pace. So mile 2 was tough, Between that fast start and the flu, I didn't have a lot left. Mile two had a small hill in it, and I normally do well on hills, well, this on was tough on me today. So mile three I was wondering if I was going to finish.....

But I think in the end I was just phsycing myself of, being my first race and all. I finished with my best 5K time ever, 22 minutes flat which is a 7:05 minute mile average. So all in all, I would have to say a good start to the season.

No comments: