Sunday, July 13, 2008

Traverse City Cherry Festival 15K

9.3 Miles - 1:04:23

Completely forgot how large the hill was on this course. I was on a pretty good pace of about 6:52 for the race, then we hit the hill, I remembered the large part, but there were 4 small hills that surrounded it, and a huge decline on the backside. Forgot about all of those. Ended up with a 6:56 pace, so not too bad, still happy with the run. This is the first race I have had a really great kick at the end, and some people to race. I caught two guys in the last quarter mile, passed one, and the other guy and I sprinted to a tie at the finish. Pretty exciting.

Even with the hill, this is a great course, you run along the bay for a large part of the run, which is great. Plus the finish has you running though downtown where everyone is sitting waiting for the parade.

Still have a long way to go before I am ready to qualify for Boston, but I am still improving by leaps and bounds.

No comments: