Sunday, February 17, 2008

Slushies and Shenanigans

1 Mile???? - 8:30

Nice day out today, 41 degrees, which means the snow is melting, which I am all about. I thought today would be a little icy, and a little wet. My condo parking lot was a mess, it was hard just to walk out. Then I got to the block I run around. About 10 steps into the run, I sunk about a foot and a half into a pool of slush, and the next 6 or 7 steps were the same. It looked like solid snow and ice, but man I dropped through it quickly. My feet were soaked and freezing. I wasn't in a little valley either, I was on top of the hill.

So I turned around and decided to go the other way around the block, at least get 2 or 3 miles in. Same thing that way, only this was only about a foot deep. So I turned around again and just ran around the roads in my area until meet feet were aching from being soaked and cold. So about a mile. It's supposed to be about 17 degrees tomorrow, so that might make for some interesting turain as well. All for the good of running.

2 comments:

Perry said...

I don't know about you but I'm getting tired of this cold weather running. Keep up the great training.

Average Joggler
Perry, 44

Jason Perks said...

Thanks for the comment Perry, pretty interesting blog you have. Joggling, I have never heard of it. I can juggle a little, maybe I should look into it a little more........after the snow melts that is.