Sunday, July 15, 2007

Feelin Good - Traverse City 15K

Wow, ran my fisrt 15K at the Cherry Festival in Traverse City yesterday. We got off to a bit of a rough start, when I arrived, it was pouring, then the race was delayed 25 minutes due to technical difficulties. But once we got going the weather cleared up and things went great. I felt really good on this run. Even the large and steep hill around mile 5 didn't slow me down, I was passing people running up it. I finished in 71:18, which is about 15 minutes ealier than I was hoping to. I was running around 7:45 miles until around mile 8 when I decided I could run faster and still finish, so I picked it up a bit and finished with a good time.


The majority of this course was along Lake Michigan, I have to say it was easy to forget about the pain when I looked to the right and saw the water and beach. It was easy to get into a zone, this has gotten me even more excited about running a marathon in Cali. This race has also shown me that following the marathon training plan I am on is really working, I had much more endurance in the race and was able to keep up a good pace.

Also, thanks a bunch to uncle Rog and Aunt Pam for housing me this weekend and showing me a good time. Thanks a lot guys.

No comments: