Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tempo...........Ouch

2.00 Miles Easy - 16:27
1.74 Miles Tempo - 12:01
0.23 Miles Jog - 2:01
1.62 Miles Tempo - 12:00
0.57 Miles Walk - 9:39
1.37 Miles Tempo - 10:01
0.50 Miles Walk - 8:42
1.10 Miles Tempo - 8:01
0.51 Miles Walk - 8:55
0.46 Miles Easy - 3:31

Ouch, this run did not go the way I hoped. I screwed myself again, running the first Tempo way too fast, at about a 6:15 pace for the first half. So at the point, I already have acid build-up in my legs that my body cannot get rid of fast enough. My legs are in trouble. The second tempo was tough, my legs were gone. Got through 12 minutes, but barely. I had to walk a half mile after this one. The next tempo, my legs were unbearably tired, and heavy, and I only made it 10 Minutes, and walked again. The last one was 8 minutes, my legs were useless.

Lesson learned, I need to run the first one a little slow and increase to Tempo speed by number two, but not got too much faster till maybe the last Tempo. This will keep the acid from building up in my legs to soon, and improve the speed at which I can run while still flushing the acid out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat ppc[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or not-so-known avenues to produce an income online.