Monday, May 10, 2010

First Post Riverbank Run

1.25 Miles Easy - 9:15 Pace
1 Mile Interval - 6:46 - 6:46 Pace
Jog - 1:00
1 Mile Interval - 6:46 - 6:46 Pace
Jog - i:00
1 Mile Interval - 6:46 - 6:46 Pace

Today was the first day of starting my new training, I am following the Runners World book "Run Less, Run Faster". It's a training method that requires less wear and tear on your legs while still allowing you to effectively train. It's three quality training days a week, and the rest is cross training three days a week. So I get an Interval, a Tempo and a Long Run in each week.

Today was a tough start casue I was in Arkansas at a hotel that had shotty treadmills. Twice I tripped the breaker on this thing and had to reset it....well, the second time was right as I was finishing my last Interval.....so I just bailed an walked around. Tough training though, I also think that the treadmill speeds I am using are faster than outside, I'll see next week when I do my intervals outside.

No comments: