Friday, March 26, 2010

First Outdoors Run in 8 Months

3 Miles - 25:06 - 8:21

The first half mile of my first outdoors run in forever felt great, it was good to be outside. I did pick the wrong day however, instead of 50, like it had been, it was 35....a bit chilly. It did feel a little awkward to be running forward instead of in place. I think at about 1.25 miles, I finally started feeling the ground flowing under my feet, instead of pounding on them. Shortly after that though, I started to feel gassed, one because my lungs were struggling in the cold, two because I started out way too fast. A common mistake I make with that first outside run of every year. I also had some pain in my left quad, I think maybe because I was favoring my right knee and leg a little. Looking forward to my legs feeling good tomorrow, and more outside runs.

No comments: