Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 1 of Novi Marathon Training

14 Miles - 1:56:32 - 8:20 Pace

Ran and extra 2 miles today because the training calls for my longest run to be 20 miles, and I want to do at least 22. Plus I have been running 14-15 on a regular basis, so it's not a big deal to start there. I did increase the treadmill speed though from 7.1 to 7.2, which doesn't seem like a lot, but my left knee was hurting afterwards, and I felt a little weak towards the end even though I upped the pace over the last 3 miles. I still think the treadmill is faster than the pace indicates.

All in all a good day one though, got a good stretch in afterwards, and some abs, and downed a big chocolate milk. We will see how my legs feel on Thursday, when I will be running out in New York.

No comments: