Wednesday, April 30, 2008

1st Tempo Run of the Year

2 Miles Easy - 17:04
1 Mile Tempo - 6:54
1 Mile Tempo - 7:13
1 Mile Tempo - 6:54
1 Mile Easy - 8:43

My tempo miles are supposed to be run around 7:12 - 7:15, so I am a little fast, as usually with my training times. The first two east miles were tough, but once I got going in the tempo's, I felt a whole lot better. There is something about running slower that my body just does not like. I need to fix that. I am glad I rested 2 days after running 15.5 on Sunday, I was still sore. But for a first tempo run, I think this one went well, I just have to concentrate on more consistent times. Tempo mile 1 was flat, 2 was mostly uphill, so that might have something to do with the longer time, 3 was mostly down, a little up in the end.

This will be my last quality run before the race, from here on out I will just be running 6 or 8 miles depending on how I feel, and 2 days off before the race.

No comments: