Monday, March 3, 2008

Take it Easy

4 Miles - 30:59


I was feeling good today, I was thinking about my run all day. It has been a few days, and my legs were feeling good, as they always do after a break, it was above 40 degrees all day, I was pumped about my new diet. I switched my diet to add more carbs, I was always feeling slugish, and back when I was lifting a lot of weights, I was high on the protein end of the diet. I was about 60% protein, 10% fat, and 30% carbs....not so good. So now I am about 60% carbs, 23% fat and 17% protein. I am hoping this will give me more energy all day and during my runs, and help me recover quicker.


So back to today, I was feeling great, and I could see the sidewalk....most of the time, so I took off like a rocket. Started out with a 7:15 mile, this is close to my best 5K average mile. Then it hit me that I was running too fast, especially with not running for a bit, my knee and my calf probelems....but I kept at it. I slowed a little, at mile two I was about a 7:30 average. Then fatigue started to set in, it was my back mostly, and my quads a little, but mostly my back. Then the ice started in on the sidewalks. I was still looking good at mile 3, still at a 7:30 average. Then the ice and snow got worse, it was a bit of a struggle, but I felt great the last quarter mile, and finished at about a 7:45 average for the 4 miles. Big questions is, how will I feel tomorrow.

No comments: