Monday, March 31, 2008

Oh Boy, longest run ever

12 Miles - 1:35:34

Well, I went for it today, the plan was to run 10 Miles, but I had 12 on my mind all day. Of course, after 3 Miles, I was thinking 8 Miles. Really, the only thing on my body giving me issues was my right calf. It felt like it was going to cramp up starting at about mile 6. I just made sure I didn't push off to hard with it. Once I got to mile 8 though, I was pretty sure I was going for 12. I was also suprised that I was able to run that far averaging under 8 minutes per mile. That is going to hurt tomorrow. I reallyn need to start running slower on long days.

Right when I hit 10 Miles, it started to down pour, I got soaked, and I was running right into the wind and rain on mile 11. Felt great when I was done though. Ran 2.7 miles farther than I ever have. I was going to run this yesterday, but I felt sick all day, must have been the pasta I at the night before......or the drinks I had after the pasta.

Oh yeah, knowing that I was going to be doing some long runs, I picked up this hydration belt over the weekend. Holds 4 bottles, each holding 10-11 ounces of Gatorade. It was a little awkward to wear at first, and I had a hard time drinking out of the bottles till I got a system. I think I am going to like it.

No comments: