Wednesday, March 12, 2008

45 Degrees and Running

4 Miles - 30:11

Man it was nice out today. Probably why I hit it so hard. I have been thinking about this 5K I am running on Saturday, and not knowing what to expect. The last one I ran, a little less then two years ago, was at a 7:13 pace. I haven't been doing speed work yet this year, or tempos, I have been just trying to get myself used to running everyday. So I have had nothing to gauge how I was going to perform. I was thinking that 7:30 pace for the race would have been good. Until last night, I ran 4 miles at about a 7:33 pace. So on Saturday, I should be able to run better than that over 3 miles and the race adrenaline. So that was a good motivator, and a confidence booster. Just what I need right about now as I am going to start increasing the miles and the difficulty of my training.

No comments: